Setting an alarm before a Calendar appointment

jmt356
SilverLounger

Setting an alarm before a Calendar appointment

Post by jmt356 »

Is there a way in Outlook or in the Calendar app on iPhones to set an alarm that goes off 30 minutes before an event?

By "alarm," I don't mean the "reminder" that Outlook plays a chime briefly before an appointment. I usually don't notice that. I have tuned it out. Rather, I am referring to an alarm that continues to play until turned off or snoozed. That would be much harder to not notice.
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Re: Setting an alarm before a Calendar appointment

Post by HansV »

Neither currently has this ability.

You might add your vote to Give the option for calendar event notifications for work like an alarm.
Best wishes,
Hans

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Try this if you have a .wav file that plays for a long time, try assigning it to a specific event for which you want the long reminder. Open the event, click the reminder length drop-down, scroll to the bottom, click sound, and assign the .wav file you want. Be sure to save your update.
Joe

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

JoeP wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 21:17
Try this if you have a .wav file that plays for a long time, try assigning it to a specific event for which you want the long reminder. Open the event, click the reminder length drop-down, scroll to the bottom, click sound, and assign the .wav file you want. Be sure to save your update.
I tried this. It is very fidgety. Sometimes the alarm sounds but usually it doesn't.
Regards,

JMT