Quitting Chrome

silverback
5StarLounger

Quitting Chrome

Post by silverback »

The latest (forced) version of Firefox on Android has resulted in lots of angry comments, including mine (e.g. the forward and back arrows have been removed). Many users are moving to Chrome, myself included.
One good thing about Firefox is its Quit facility. Not only can one Quit at any time (and it closes all open tabs) but in Settings, you can ask for lots of things to be cleared on exit e.g cookies, history and so on. Once set, it all happens automatically.
1. Is there a 'Quit' facility in Chrome? (I can't find one)
2. Is there a clear browsing history on exit? The only option similar I can find is to go into Settings, Privacy and invoke the Clear Browsing History option, but you have to remember to do that each time you use Chrome; definitely not as easy as letting Firefox do it automatically.
Thanks
Silverback

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: Quitting Chrome

Post by ChrisGreaves »

silverback wrote:
30 Aug 2020, 15:04
The latest (forced) version of Firefox on Android has resulted in lots of angry comments, including mine (e.g. the forward and back arrows have been removed). Many users are moving to Chrome, myself included.
I'm with you on this. I uninstalled FF from one of my android phones last night and Went Back To Chrome.
Cheers
Chris
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The only way to completely quit Chrome on Android is through Setting > Apps and notificiations > See all ... apps > tap Chrome > Force stop.
Best wishes,
Hans

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

And as far as I know, Chrome on Android does not have a way to clear history on exit.

Perhaps give the new version of Firefox a bit of time to get used to it?
Best wishes,
Hans

Jay Freedman
Microsoft MVP

Post by Jay Freedman »

I've been using the DuckDuckGo browser on Android for a couple of years, and I'm thoroughly happy with it. Its main draw is privacy: built-in blocking of trackers, and automatic clearing of cache and cookies on exit unless you set exceptions. There are also add-ins for Windows browsers including Firefox, Chrome, Edge, and others.

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

I also use the DuckDuckGo browser on Android. I strongly recommend it.
StuartR

silverback
5StarLounger

Post by silverback »

Jay, Stuart
I am now trialling Duck Duck Go. Thanks.
Silverback