Firefox 3.6.13 and 3.5.16 released

TonyE
3StarLounger

Firefox 3.6.13 and 3.5.16 released

Post by TonyE »

Mozilla have released security/stability updates for Firefox, available from the "Check for updates" option in the Help menu

Firefox 3.6.13 is also available from http://www.mozilla.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Firefox 3.6.13 Release Notes

For those still using the Firefox 3.5 branch, Firefox 3.5.16 is available from http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Firefox 3.5.16 Release Notes
Tony

HansV
Administrator

Re: Firefox 3.6.13 and 3.5.16 released

Post by HansV »

Got it, thanks!
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thanks, Hans!

Got it installed.

I'm guessing that this release addressed the back door problem. Does that mean I can turn java scripting back on? I'm getting pretty irritated by having to enable scripts for so many sites I visit.

Also gonna have to learn about the new media recorder feature, too.

Thanks again! :cheers:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

BobH wrote:Thanks, Hans!
TonyE was the one who posted the news!
Best wishes,
Hans

TonyE
3StarLounger

Post by TonyE »

BobH wrote:I'm guessing that this release addressed the back door problem. Does that mean I can turn java scripting back on? I'm getting pretty irritated by having to enable scripts for so many sites I visit.
If you are referring to the history sniffing, that is still there in 3.6.13 & 3.5.16. The version that has this fixed is Firefox 4 beta 7 available from http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/beta/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tony

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Hi Tony!

Sorry to have failed to give you credit for posting the new release. It's good to know that the history sniffing thing has not been resolved in this release. I'll see if I can't find and install the version 4 beta.

Thanks again.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

OK!

I closed all the tabs but one then deleted the cookies in Tools/Options Show Cookies. I then closed and restarted Firefox and then closed the tab on the one website I had left open in the first step. Then, I deleted the cookies again and restarted Firefox. There are still 2 sites - Eileen's Lounge and the one that had left open in the first step that require me to login when I open them. When I log into each I check the "Remember Me" box; yet the next time I start Fx, I have to login again. Finally, I downloaded the Fx V4.beta. I have the same problem with it.

I KNOW it is bound to have something to do with the cookies, but I can't seem to suss out the problem.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You don't happen to have set Firefox to delete cookies when you quit it? (Tools | Options..., Privacy tab, Settings...)
Best wishes,
Hans

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

BobH wrote:When I log into each I check the "Remember Me" box; yet the next time I start Fx, I have to login again.
As Hans says, and as I mentioned in your other thread, it could be something simple as a setting; take a look at the drop down list (using custom settings) "Keep until:” on the Privacy tab (see link below).
If it says "Keep until: I close Firefox"; they will be removed as soon as you close Fx, and a new batch of cookies will be added as soon as you start it again (with your home pages/tabs), though this time you are not logged in, since the cookies were deleted when you closed Fx.

See this for some information: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Ena ... %20cookies" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

I found it! (I think!)

When I checked the Privacy settings, I found that the tick box for deleting all cookies upon closing was checked. I've unchecked it. And so far no problems.

Thanks for the help. There are a lot of places to check settings in Firefox that I forget about.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Hey TonyE!

This Version 4 Beta is the cat's meow! Never seen a browser so fast!
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

BobH wrote:Hey TonyE!

So far, so good, except I added the Firefox add on for Google toolbar but I can't seem to re-size the search box itself. Sent in a comment to Firefox and waiting for an answer.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

viking33 wrote:
BobH wrote:Hey TonyE!

So far, so good, except I added the Firefox add on for Google toolbar but I can't seem to re-size the search box itself. Sent in a comment to Firefox and waiting for an answer.
Answer found:
I had an appearance add on by Robbins Design that was not allowing the re-size.
Enabled the default Firefox skin, then re-sized OK. Re-enabled the Robbins Design and the new size stuck fine. :scratch:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.