Any reports of problems with PDFs in Fx 3.6.12?

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Re: Any reports of problems with PDFs in Fx 3.6.12?

Post by Bigaldoc »

HansV wrote:You can download the Firefox plugin directly from Foxit Software - Foxit Reader for Windows - look for Firefox Plugins. Store the fzip file, then start Foxit Reader, select Help | Install Updates... and point to the fzip file.
I've not been having any PDF problems but, wanting to stay up to date, I've downloaded the 4.3 version of the reader.

However, going to your link for the plugin still shows the 1.1.2009.1117 so what magic did you do to get a more recent version?

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I used Help | Check for Updates... from within Foxit Reader itself and was offered both Foxit Reader 4.3 and Firefox Plugin 2.0.

I have to admit that I only verified that the download page I linked to had Foxit Reader 4.3; I didn't actually download the plugin from there.
Best wishes,
Hans

Goshute
3StarLounger

Post by Goshute »

Lesson one is, don't use the download link for the FF Plugin at http://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/index.php#editor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; because it backs you up to Plugin version 1.0.1.1117. Looks like I got my FF Plugin updated when I updated Foxit. Now I'm gonna have to reinstall. And I still haven't fixed the original problem. :hairout:
Goshute
I float in liquid gardens

Goshute
3StarLounger

Post by Goshute »

I have reinstalled Foxit so it and teh FF plugin are completely up to date, restarted FF and the PC, danced the hokeypokey, burned sage, prayed to the four cardinal directions, hung garlic around my neck, and I still have the same problem
Goshute

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

Bigaldoc wrote:I've not been having any PDF problems but, wanting to stay up to date, I've downloaded the 4.3 version of the reader.

However, going to your link for the plugin still shows the 1.1.2009.1117 so what magic did you do to get a more recent version?
Al, I just downloaded and installed the 4.3 version. During the install, do a custom install and check the box that asks if you want to install the plugin. No need to to do a separate download. Do be careful about it wanting to install some toolbar and make Ask.com your home page.
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

Goshute
3StarLounger

Post by Goshute »

Despite paying attention to the 20 questions asked during the install, I got caught with that darn ask.com toolbar in FF, but was able to uninstall it from Control Panel.
Goshute