Display Changes with Fx 103

BobH
UraniumLounger

Display Changes with Fx 103

Post by BobH »

Installation of version 1.03 yesterday resulted in changes to my display in Firefox. The onscreen rows for Tabs, the address window row, and bookmarks are all larger than before the install. Before, the tabs that I keep open for frequent 1-touch access all fit on display; now I have to scroll horizontally to get to them, defeating the purpose of having them on-screen. The same applies to the address window bar and the bookmarks bar. The menu bar did not change. It's almost as if my Windows screen size options were changed. I've searched through Fx Settings and found nothing - which might mean I simply didn't recognize an option that would affect it - nor can I explain it any other way as I have not changed any Windows settings in some time.

Can anyone suggest what might have happened and how it might be returned to its previous state? :cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: Display Changes with Fx 1.03

Post by stuck »

My home desktop PC updated to FF 103 earlier today and I saw no change to my tabs etc.

However, way back when FF 94 came out, which did mess with tabs and bookmark spacing, I applied the hack in this post:
    https://eileenslounge.com/viewtopic.php ... 71#p286671
and sanity was restored. So maybe that hack is overriding another change in FF 103??

Ken

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thanks, Ken!

I followed the links you provided. I changed the about:config option, and changed the Fx Profile to add the chrome folder and created an empty file named as shown. But, I couldn't find the lines to copy and paste into the new file.

Any suggestions?
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

BobH wrote:
27 Jul 2022, 18:49
...I couldn't find the lines to copy and paste into the new file...
You need to read the the thread I pointed to:
I used the instructions by the user called 'wyxchari' in this thread:
https://mozilla.crowdicity.com/post/720482

However, as you've not posted a screen shot of your problem I'm not sure this will fix things for you. Especially as it was way back at FF 94 that Mozilla introduced the 'Proton' interface to FF. What I mean is unless your FF was pre version 94 you should have seen this change in the FF UI a long time ago.

Ken

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: Display Changes with Fx 103

Post by BobH »

Thanks again, Ken!

Here is a screenshot of part of the top of my screen. It is the size of the icons in the rows below the menu row that grew much larger. I've guessed that they must be at least twice as large as before, almost as if I changed my Windows settings for the number of pixels across the display.
Fx103 icons.PNG
The link you posted I followed and read as related to the size of lines in drop down menus, which is not my issue.

Perhaps I misunderstood. I can see that I didn't make my point well.

FWIW: I have a question in to Mozilla Support for Firefox. I shall post here if I get a solution or am told that there is none.

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

OK, having seen the screen shot I think the userChrome fix might help you after all. I've attached my userChrome.css file by adding '.txt' so it becomes a permitted file type for upload.

Try downloading it, removing the '.txt. bit and then putting the file into chrome folder you created in your FF profile, then restart FF. Does that help?

If not, roll back to how FF was before you made this change by simply deleting the userChrome.css file and restarting FF once more.

Ken
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Quite by accident, I discovered what caused the display issue.

Somehow my display setting had been changed to display 150% of screen size. Changing it back to 100% resolved the issue.

I have no recollection of having changed that option, but it seems I falsely accused Fx 103. My apologies to Mozilla. :grin:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Perhaps you accidentally held down Ctrl while scrolling the mouse wheel.
Best wishes,
Hans

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Or a accidentality having a second touch on a trackpad as you move the mouse. I've done that lots of times.

Ken