Internet Cache

curious
3StarLounger

Internet Cache

Post by curious »

Firefox Internet Cache –63.0.4
At least once a day I clear the cache via History/Clear Recent History. I select the cache and Browsing & Download. Yet, when I run Ccleaner, there is a huge amount showing under Firefox Internet Cache. Do I have to select all choices in Clear History to remedy this?
And, is latest version of the cleaner safe now to download? Thank you

HansV
Administrator

Re: Internet Cache

Post by HansV »

Do you also tick the check box for Offline Website Data?

I have to admit that it's not clear to me how Clear History is different from CCleaner's method. Also, Disk Cleanup (built into Windows) always shows an improbably large amount of data in Temporary Internet Files:
S2436.png
This doesn't change after running Disk Cleanup and rebooting, so it's clearly incorrect...

The latest versions of CCleaner let you decide again whether you want it to always run in the background, and whether you want it to phone home. But you explicitly have to go into the settings and turn those off after installing CCleaner for the first time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

curious
3StarLounger

Re: Internet Cache

Post by curious »

Thank you for your reply.
"Do you also tick the check box for Offline Website Data?" No, I hadn't ticked this. Thank you for the suggestion!