Web site audio continued to play.

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Web site audio continued to play.

Post by Dave Davison »

WIERD.... yesterday, even after I had closed all progs that were running - nothing shown as open in the task bar- the last You Tube video I had been watching kept on playing. As a last resort I switched off the computer and rebooted only to find the same audio started playing again. Any suggestions as to why this happened and what to do in future (other than switch off) if this reoccurs? Thanks Dave.

Leif
Administrator

Re: Web site audio continued to play.

Post by Leif »

Dave Davison wrote:WIERD.... yesterday, even after I had closed all progs that were running - nothing shown as open in the task bar- the last You Tube video I had been watching kept on playing. As a last resort I switched off the computer and rebooted only to find the same audio started playing again. Any suggestions as to why this happened and what to do in future (other than switch off) if this reoccurs? Thanks Dave.
If it restarted after a reboot, have you managed to get it to stop playing yet? If so, how?

I'd guess it was still in your cache, but don't understand why it should continue to play if you were displaying the video in your browser and you closed it down. Did you check in TaskManager to see if it appeared there?
Leif

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Re: Web site audio continued to play.

Post by Dave Davison »

Hi Leif..... I did somehow manage to stop it playing but can't honestly recall exactly what I did other than perform the usual sequence of steps. As a final resort it did occur to me to try the three finger trick and to my complete surprise there was nothing showing as running in the TaskManager yet the musc continued to play. It was at that juncture that I finally decided the ultimate way to cancel it was to reboot but -as you can imaging- to discover the music re-started perplexed me somewhat. If it happens again I will try to remember the steps I take before and after to try to pin point the abnormality. Thanks again Dave.