Needed To Uninstall And Re-Install FireFox

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Needed To Uninstall And Re-Install FireFox

Post by hlewton »

On my wife's computer, Windows 11 Pro with latest updates installed, FireFox would not open nor would it repair itself. I used Revo Uninstaller Pro to completely remove it, rebooted, and reinstalled it. It seems to be working fine now. Though I believe my wife when she says she did nothing to cause this, I am wondering if anything could have happened either intentionally or accidentally to have cause this that can be avoided in the future. Any known reason, out of nowhere, this happened? Thanks
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Re: Needed To Uninstall And Re-Install FireFox

Post by HansV »

I'm afraid it's impossible for us to tell what caused this.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

HansV wrote:
06 Jun 2024, 12:37
I'm afraid it's impossible for us to tell what caused this.
Is it a common thing? I've just never ran into it where its repair wouldn't fix it before.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I have never experienced serious problems with Firefox myself.
Best wishes,
Hans

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

I echo Hans comment, I've never had any serious problems with Firefox, which has been my default browser since Firefox Version 1 was released.

Ken

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

stuck wrote:
06 Jun 2024, 14:43
I echo Hans comment, I've never had any serious problems with Firefox, which has been my default browser since Firefox Version 1 was released.

Ken
Yeah, mine also for many years and that was the first time I ran into this situation. That is why I was wondering if it could have been something my wife had accidentally done. It was strange the way it happened. It just stopped working at the end of the day giving the message about trying to repair it. So, I tried that and after a long delay, it said FF was not responding. That is when I decided to uninstall it. Then Even Revo Uninstaller Pro, during the uninstall operation, again offered the chance to repair FF. I bypassed that and continued with the complete uninstall, even everything a scan found in the Registry. Again a strange thing happened during the re-installation, FF recognized it had before been installed on the computer and I was offered the choice of keeping the previous settings and something else. So, I did choose that option. Again, so far it is working as it should. I guess all's well that ends well, as they say.
Regards,
hlewton