Problems with IE9 on this forum and...

Pilgrim
2StarLounger

Problems with IE9 on this forum and...

Post by Pilgrim »

Strange happenings lately with IE9 (in Vista 32-bit) with only two forums, that I know of; Eileen's Lounge and HERE.

1. Eileen's Lounge: The page will load, I can click on the "Internet Explorer" forum link which opens the forum, but then all the thread links are 'dead', i.e., the links are inactive. My cursor doesn't change to show it is a link.

2. The Freecovers.net forum won't load at all. There is a looooooooong delay and then I get a solid black page.

I've cleaned out all history, TIF, and DNS cache. I've tried opening IE w/ no addons or extensions. I've disabled my firewall. Nothing resolves the issue. I have no problems with IE9 in Windows 7 nor IE8 in XP, nor do I have any problems using Firefox 11. The problem is only using IE9 in my Vista system. I first noticed the problem about 2 or 3 days ago. As far as I can recall, I haven't changed anything on my system, no new software has been installed, etc., etc...

Any suggestions on how to try and diagnose and fix this problem?

TIA
Jeff

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

HansV
Administrator

Re: Problems with IE9 on this forum and...

Post by HansV »

We haven't changed anything in the forum settings lately, so I don't think it's anything on our side.
You have already taken the steps I'd recommend, so I'm at a loss...
Best wishes,
Hans

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

Under Tools > Internet Options > General > Accessibility... have you entered or selected anything?

Are the colours as you would expect (i.e. are you seeing your expected skin)?

Have you tried deleting your cookies?
Leif

Pilgrim
2StarLounger

Post by Pilgrim »

RESOLVED!! :grin:

I did a little more research and found that the problem was, believe it or not, a "font" problem. Yes, I had added quite a number of Helvetica Type 1 fonts for some design work I was doing and they caused the problem. Removing them immediately resolved the issue. Please don't ask why this particular font and type caused the problem... I don't have a clue. But obviously, IE9 doesn't like Helvetica Type 1 fonts.
Jeff

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Thanks for posting the solution!
Best wishes,
Hans