IE Stopped Working

aaronr
NewLounger

IE Stopped Working

Post by aaronr »

hi lounge. I have a brand new laptop running Windows 7 and IE 9. A couple of days ago, while using IE, I got an "Internet Explorer has stopped working" error. I thought maybe my router needed to be reset, but that didn't help. I tried Google chrome and Firefox and both work fine, so it isn't my internet connection. The only website it lets me onto is microsoft, so I tried FixIt and that didn't help. I tried resetting IE and that didn't help either.

Also, at this same time, my HP Solution Center (for my wireless deskjet) went blank, also after using it. According to HP, it could be my flash player. My flash player is current, according to Chrome, but I can't use IE to see if it's the one tied to my IE 9. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling, and it is still blank.

any idea ? I can't help but assume the 2 issues are somehow related.

thanks,
aaronr

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Re: IE Stopped Working

Post by viking33 »

Check this site to see if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/f ... b599b31bf5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

plyroghan
NewLounger

Post by plyroghan »

aaronr wrote:hi lounge. I have a brand new laptop running Windows 7 and IE 9. A couple of days ago, while using IE, I got an "Internet Explorer has stopped working" error. I thought maybe my router needed to be reset, but that didn't help. I tried Google chrome and Firefox and both work fine, so it isn't my internet connection. The only website it lets me onto is microsoft, so I tried FixIt and that didn't help. I tried resetting IE and that didn't help either.

Also, at this same time, my HP Solution Center (for my wireless deskjet) went blank, also after using it. According to HP, it could be my flash player. My flash player is current, according to Chrome, but I can't use IE to see if it's the one tied to my IE 9. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling, and it is still blank.

any idea ? I can't help but assume the 2 issues are somehow related.

thanks,
aaronr
I am new on this forum just join today itself .I am also facing similar kind of situation but this time chrome is not working properly .For example when i open my yahoo id its open but mail not display ,but there is no problem while using IE and Mozilla its work fine .I am also using window 7 .any suggestions or guideline really appreciated.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Welcome to Eileen's Lounge!

Perhaps this page will help: Troubleshooting Browser issues with Google Chrome.
Best wishes,
Hans