Google-Analytics

RonH
SilverLounger

Re: Google-Analytics

Post by RonH »

BobH wrote: As I've said before, just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't out to get me.
G'day Bob ... I'm getting to feel that way also :sad: But what would we spend our time on without these little challenges?
Yep, there is no doubt that these popup messages somehow come through my system and they are clearly legit sites ... not redirects to dodgy sites. Actually I do not get 'redirects' as far as I am aware, only these windows security popups that stop me X ing the actual web page I am looking at so I have to close via Task Manager. I have been tempted to type in the window some rubbish password but maybe best I do not 'click' in it.

Having the problem on both pc's certainly suggests some 'network' issue, rather than 'something' on the pc. We do not have a 'Home Network' set up even though we use the same router so both pc's are locked up tight in 'Public Network' which I understand is the so called safest setting.

Because there are no common factors that I can find it is proving real hard to nail ... it is so random, not associated with particular web pages being looked at, comes up if only 1 pc is on-line or if both are, sometimes nothing for many pages, sometimes a few 'hits' in a short space of time blah,blah,blah.

I have again done a full restart of my router and changed the channel that it was operating on. Haven't bothered with the ISP router that was sent to me ... its older than the one that I currently use! I can't set WPA2 with AES because my internet radio is stuck at WPA/TKIP but I don't think that this will make any difference.

Watch this space!
Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Just an update for those interested.
For the past few days, we have not experienced any of the Windows Security popups requesting User Name/Password etc in a format per below:
4.bp.blogspot.com.jpg
I have logged all the various pop ups and they were:
4.bp.blogspot.com
cbk2.google.com
Google Analytics
i4.ytimg
mt1.googleapis
server.maps.google.com

I could not find any common patterns BUT doing some further system checks I found that on BOTH pc's, the IE9/Safety/SmartScreen Filters were turned off. I have no recollection of ever turning these off so the question remains ... why and by what? Is it possible that my pop ups occurred as a result of this maybe, we shall see. At least for the time being its 'rest easy' :fanfare: but I hope that I am not 'pushing my luck!'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Oh well ... still getting the occasional Windows Security pop-ups on both pc's as described previously. But much less of a problem :fanfare:

I have tried all that I can think of (with the help of YOU) and now have IE9 as tight as is reasonable, but to still enjoy 'browsing'.
The router has been reset to factory on 3 occasions and then security reprogrammed, the Vista pc has been Ethernet connected and the Windows7 pc is still 'wireless'. So its clearly not the 'wireless' aspects of the router and I am as sure as I can be (relying on MSE, Malwarebytes etc) that there are no 'gremlins' in either pc.

So ... clean out of ideas ... I think I must simply 'accept' the now occasional pop-up and treat them as friends :smile: When I purchase a new internet radio that can use WPA2 instead of only WPA, I will get a new router and reset both pc's etc.

Thanks for all your help ... and Hans, you may want to close this thread now.
Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

We don't really close threads here, unless they get out of hand... :smile:
Best wishes,
Hans

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

HansV wrote:We don't really close threads here, unless they get out of hand... :smile:
:innocent: that could be arranged if you want...
:evilgrin:

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

A thread in the hand is worth...
StuartR

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

... Whatever the management consider appropriate :grin:
As my sign-off says ... "It'll be all right in the end. If its not all right then, trust me, its not at the end".
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Well, it must have been a gremlin in the now replaced router, Gigabyte, that even restore to factory settings did not solve.
So far with the new Belkin set up ... no pop ups :clapping:
Oh dear ... dare I even mention this :innocent:
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Glad it has been resolved!
Best wishes,
Hans

shiny-ribbon
NewLounger

Post by shiny-ribbon »

More than a year later, have you ever had this problem happen at all again?

I ask because I'm having this exact same thing happen to me, right down to the the same router model. So it's almost a sure thing to me right now that it's a problem with this specific GN-BR01 router. Has it ever happened again since your last post?

I'm really sorry for bringing up this old topic. But I couldn't see any other way to message you.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Welcome to Eileen's Lounge!

Sorry for the lack of replies - apparently nobody else has experienced this problem...
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Just got back from a long vacation so apologies for not responding to your query about the router.
I eventually 'gave up' and trashed this router in favour of another supplier. No more problems :clapping:
Regards
Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Welcome back - that was a long vacation indeed!
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

HansV wrote:Welcome back - that was a long vacation indeed!
Indeed it was ... retirement has its benefits :thankyou:
(From Norway to Singapore and onto Australia (from whence I came) is a long way!)

Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Hope you got a great tan :wink:
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Rudi wrote:Hope you got a great tan :wink:
No tan lines either :innocent:
CYa Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.