Adblock add-on

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Adblock add-on

Post by Gloria E »

I've been receiving notices that I should upgrade to Simple Ad-block Pro. I have Ad-block installed as an ad-on for some time, but the notice reads: The daily limit has been reached and no more ads are blocked today. I chose to disable the add-on because I believe that they are trying to force me to buy the Pro version. I researched the subject and read the following article.

http://www.geekrevealed.com/2011/12/how ... n-ie9.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It didn't help because the limit was already set to 10 seconds (the longest available).

My question is should I have upgraded to Pro or was disabling enough? Also, is there an alternative to stopping ads other than the one I was using? I have seen ads since I disabled the add-on.

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Re: Adblock add-on

Post by HansV »

The 10 second timeout doesn't have anything to do with the Simple Adblock prompt.

The free version of Simple Adblock blocks at most 200 ads per day. The paid Pro version doesn't have a limit, so if you'd like to go on using Simple Adblock, you'll have to upgrade to the paid version.

If you prefer a free alternative, you'll have to do a bit of work. See the Internet Explorer section in How To: Block advertisements in Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Opera.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Re: Adblock add-on

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:The 10 second timeout doesn't have anything to do with the Simple Adblock prompt.

The free version of Simple Adblock blocks at most 200 ads per day. The paid Pro version doesn't have a limit, so if you'd like to go on using Simple Adblock, you'll have to upgrade to the paid version.

If you prefer a free alternative, you'll have to do a bit of work. See the Internet Explorer section in How To: Block advertisements in Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Opera.
The paid version of Simple Adblock costs $19.95, while I think about it I re-enable the add-on. I just have to deal with it closing down for the rest of the day and start again the next day. It's a work around but it will do for now.

I followed the link and indeed, it is a whole lot of work. I found how to use AdBlock for Chrome and it's installed.

Thanks for helping me,

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!