Print to Fit?

kwvh
3StarLounger

Print to Fit?

Post by kwvh »

Is there a setting in IE that will automatically resize the page to fit on your printed page? Currrently we have a page that when printed to the printer consumes a lot of paper and doesn't fit the page. We can change the zoom to 68% and it prints fine. Is this something that will be required every time, or is there a setting in the various versions of IE that will allow you to set a default?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Ken

HansV
Administrator

Re: Print to Fit?

Post by HansV »

Shrink to fit is the default in IE7 and higher, I think.
Best wishes,
Hans

kwvh
3StarLounger

Post by kwvh »

Hans,

That is what I thought, but it doesn't appear to be the case. We have users on IE7 and IE8 and for some reason they have to change the zoom on the screen and take to 68% in order for it to fit on the printed page. My limited Google skills have not found anything useful.

Thanks for taking time out to respond.

Ken

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

There is a registry setting that - if it has been added, it's not present by default - limits the shrink-to-fit percentage. If it has been set to 100 decimal = 64 hexadecimal, Internet Explorer will not reduce pages in size.
The entry to look for is iexplore.exe in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_STF_Scale_Min
and
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_STF_Scale_Min
Again, these keys do not exist by default, if they are absent there is no need to create them.
Best wishes,
Hans