Using Tabs

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Using Tabs

Post by Gloria E »

I would like to know how to stop a program from opening in tabs? I searched IE8 and IE7 Pro. Unchecked everything I thought might work, but alas! No success. Perhaps I can turn off tab browsing completly? Or maybe I unchecked something I should't have, who knows? That's my question for today.

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

DaveA
GoldLounger

Re: Using Tabs

Post by DaveA »

What is happening that you do not want to happen?
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Gloria E wrote:I would like to know how to stop a program from opening in tabs? Perhaps I can turn off tab browsing completly?
Go to Tools | Internet Options. In the General tab near the bottom is the Tabs section. Press the settings button.

If you want to disable tabbed browsing, clear the check mark at the top "Enable Tabbed Browsing". Ok your way out. Then restart IE.

Joe
Joe

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

JoeP wrote:
Gloria E wrote:I would like to know how to stop a program from opening in tabs? Perhaps I can turn off tab browsing completly?
Go to Tools | Internet Options. In the General tab near the bottom is the Tabs section. Press the settings button.

If you want to disable tabbed browsing, clear the check mark at the top "Enable Tabbed Browsing". Ok your way out. Then restart IE.

Joe
For Joe:
I've seen that option and only realized after reading your post that I can turn it off for just the program I'm using at the time and turn it on again when I'm finished. :thankyou:

For Dave: My favorite online game is Pogo. When the game I've selected to play opens, it opens in a tab and that means that I see the game like a web page instead of just the game window like it did before I installed the new OS. That's no big deal but it's distracting. :hairout:

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!