Capturing MathJax

AlanMiller
BronzeLounger

Capturing MathJax

Post by AlanMiller »

I'm trying to capture a whole (substantial) website which is done using MathJax javascripting. It renders just fine in IE browser, but all attempts to capture then redisplay the pages show only the underlying tags:

Code: Select all

$$\begin{align*}\ket{+n_\boldsymbol{\sigma}^1} &= \sqrt{\frac{1 + n_z}{2}}\left(\ket{uu} + \frac{1 - n_z}{n_-}\ket{du}\right)\\\ket{+n_\boldsymbol{\sigma}^2} &= \sqrt{\frac{1 + n_z}{2}}\left(\ket{ud} + \frac{1 - n_z}{n_-}\ket{dd}\right)\end{align*}$$
rather than the rendered MathJax:
mathjax.png
If anyone has had experience with this I'd appreciate any tips.

Alan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Capturing MathJax

Post by HansV »

I can copy a single equation into Word (2010):

- Right-click the equation and select Show Math As > MathML code.
- Click in the code, press Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C to copy it.
- In Word, click the lower half of the Paste button and press T or click the Keep Text Only option.

But this obviously doesn't work with a whole page.
Best wishes,
Hans

AlanMiller
BronzeLounger

Re: Capturing MathJax

Post by AlanMiller »

You inspired me Hans... somehow??? I found a long way to actually do a page at a time:

- Print with Microsoft XPS Document Writer
- Open XPS file and print to doPDF v7
- Open and edit the PDF

Long-winded, but works. For some reason the XPS writer renders the MathJax perfectly, but none of the PDF virtual printer drivers can manage to do it from the IE page. But they can manage it from the XPS viewer. I may be able to nail this sucker yet!

Alan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.