arroway
3StarLounger

Post by arroway »

I'm posting this into the IE group but this is a more global Internet question. I appologize if this is the wrong place to post this; it seemed the most likly.

I'm looking for a log in script. I got to a website that has me log in with Domain, Username, Password, and "Go" button, then it directs me to another page where I select which type of user I am from a dropdown menu then another "Go" button, then it directs me to a page where I select a link to the page I need to go to before I'm at the place I need to be at to do my work. Throughout the day I probably do this 20 times. Is there a way that I can write a log-on script that will do this for me? I have no clue as to what to write it in or what perameters you need to know so please ask (I obviously won't give you the page or my log-in info). There are a handful of web-based systems that I'd love to be able to do this for but I don't even know if it's possible so I'm trying to do this specific one first. And yes, I understand the reason why it's set up that way in the first place and that I'm automating a security process and thereby working around it but actually, I'm the only one who knows the "words" to put in the boxes so my conscience is fine. :^] Hopefully someone can help.
Thank you!
~Dax
It takes 2 to tango; unless you speak binary; then it takes 10.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Log In Script

Post by HansV »

You might use the free utility AutoHotkey to create a "macro" that executes all those actions for you.
Best wishes,
Hans

arroway
3StarLounger

Re: Log In Script

Post by arroway »

Yeah baby! Now let's see if my admin will allow me to run it! Thanks Hans!
It takes 2 to tango; unless you speak binary; then it takes 10.