PCOMM Macros

m498870
NewLounger

PCOMM Macros

Post by m498870 »

We are running emulation PCOM 6.0 for Windows. According to docs on IBM site, you should be able to call one macro from within another. A search of PS.StartMacro shows how to accomplish this. We have two terminal sessions and a printer session. The macro I am calling works fine when executed. The macro I am using to call this macro follows the example laid out by IBM. The macro produces the error "you need to call setconnectionbyname or setconnectionbyhandle" even though I have included it at the top of the script...

autECLSession.SetConnectionByName(ThisSessionName)
Dim PS
Set PS = CreateObject("PCOMM.autECLPS")
PS.StartMacro "macroname"
Last edited by StuartR on 03 Nov 2011, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic title changed from Pcom to PCOMM to help future searches

HansV
Administrator

Re: PCOMM Macros

Post by HansV »

Welcome to Eileen's Lounge!

We have one member with experience using PCOMM; I hope he'll read your question.
Best wishes,
Hans

VegasNath
5StarLounger

Post by VegasNath »

Hello & welcome!

I am no expert in this field, but I can generally find my way around PCOMM. I have never had the need to call a macro from a macro with PCOMM, but I don't see the logic here.

PS if I am not mistaken is the presentation space, so PS.StartMacro "macroname" makes no sense to me. I don't see what the PS would have to do with macro execution. Could you provide a link to the ibm doc that you refer to? and/or explain in a bit more detail the overall requirement? Thanks.
:wales: Nathan :uk:
There's no place like home.....

m498870
NewLounger

Post by m498870 »

i'ver actually resolved the issue by calling it within the macro itself but there is documentation for IBM on this here: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocente ... cess08.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Thanks for posting back!
Best wishes,
Hans

VegasNath
5StarLounger

Post by VegasNath »

Thanks for posting, and for the link. Glad you got it sorted!!
I assume that this is what you refer to (which I'm still confused by), but like I said, I'm no expert!
ibm.JPG
I've never found PCOMM automation particularly easy, but with lots of trial & error, I usually get there in the end. :smile:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:wales: Nathan :uk:
There's no place like home.....

rmitchell36
NewLounger

Post by rmitchell36 »

hmm, I'm trying to solve this same issue...it would have been nice if the original poster had added their solution to the issue. I've been trying to make sense out of that snippet from IBM, but so far its been no luck.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Welcome to Eileen's Lounge!

I fear you won't get much help here - VegasNath, the only member with knowledge about PComm, doesn't use it much anymore, and he hasn't been online frequently of late. Sorry about that!
Best wishes,
Hans

rmitchell36
NewLounger

Post by rmitchell36 »

Can't blame him, if i had the option I wouldn't use it much either.