Report Formula for Time

teachesms
2StarLounger

Report Formula for Time

Post by teachesms »

I am attaching a Word document with pics to show the trouble I am having. I have a report at the moment with two students:

Aslam
Brown

Two visits to the lab each

Aslam had 0:28 minutes, and 1:20 minutes (hour and twenty) for a total of 1:48 hours and minutes
Brown had 3:01 in hours and minutes and another visit for 0:57 minutes.

Aslam total should be 1:48
Brown total should be 3:58

I am getting this okay with help from HansV earlier, however it is the grand total that is throwing me.
The grand total should only count the student once (count) which it does (gives me two stuents), but the grand total keeps coming up with a combined time of 5:77 when it is supposed to be 5:06.

After looking at the query I am using as the source, the design, and the report view, could you give me a clue what is wrong?

Thank you so much...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you can't convince them, confuse them - Harry S. Truman

Nannette

MikeS
Lounger

Re: Report Formula for Time

Post by MikeS »

You might want to change that attachment to .rtf or .doc... :cheers:
Mike

mbarron
2StarLounger

Post by mbarron »

The grand total time is being reported as hours (or hours and the decimal portion of an hour), not hours and minutes. 5.77 (actually 5.76666) hours is equivalent to 5:46 (5 hours and 46 minutes), which is the sum of 1:48 + 3:58.

teachesms
2StarLounger

Post by teachesms »

Okay, I get your drift...How can I get it to show Hours and correct minutes. I don't want the decimal form. I am attaching a .doc file format for the example sheet
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nannette

mbarron
2StarLounger

Post by mbarron »

Wouldn't the formula and the formatting for the field be the same as the summation of the time. the Sum([ttime]/1440) field in the ttime footer section?

teachesms
2StarLounger

Post by teachesms »

Yep...so long as I change the format to hh:mm...which I forgot to do Thanks a bunch

Nannette