Calculation Text box on a report

KarenYT
3StarLounger

Calculation Text box on a report

Post by KarenYT »

I want to have a percentage calcuation text box on a report. The values for calcuation are from other query and table rather than the same qry which is used for the report. Mr. HansV has suggested me to use the DLookUp function, but it doesn't work, it returns as #Error, there may be something wrong in my query, I attach herewith the stripped down copy of the DB for help please.
Qry: qry04MECgrpLItem and tbl: 02FWtotalReceiptLog
The report is rpt04MECreport.

TextBox format in percent
=DLookup("TotalLItem", "qry04MECgrpLItem", "AcctgMonth=" & [AcctgMonth]) / DLookup("TotalLItemRec", "02FWtotalReceiptLog", "AcctgMonth=" & [AcctgMonth])

thanks
Karen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Calculation Text box on a report

Post by HansV »

Welcome to Eileen's Lounge!

I removed the parameter prompt [Enter YYYYmm:] from qry04MECreportRNstkrm, since this prevented DLookup from working correctly. We'll get the correct parameter in the DLookup.
And since AcctgMonth is a text field (I had erroneously assumed that it was a number field, sorry), its value needs to be enclosed in quotes, I used Chr(34) for this.

The expression becomes

=DLookUp("TotalLItem","qry04MECgrpLItem","AcctgMonth=" & Chr(34) & [AcctgMonth] & Chr(34))/DLookUp("TotalLItemRec","02FWtotalReceiptLog","AcctgMonth=" & Chr(34) & [AcctgMonth] & Chr(34))

See the attached version.
Copy of DR_DiscrepancyReportTEST.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

KarenYT
3StarLounger

Re: Calculation Text box on a report

Post by KarenYT »

Brilliant! Thanks a Million, Hans!
Appreciate your patience to me,
best regards
Karen

HansV
Administrator