select * with exclusion of list values

sal21
PlatinumLounger

select * with exclusion of list values

Post by sal21 »

I have a jet conn just opened, i use vb6 classic and access database with table1 and fieid2. filed3...eccc.
I have a jet conn1 just opened from sql server table database1 with table1 and fieid2.

is possible with a sql * select from the sql server table select all recors but exclude from the selection all value just into field2 of access table?????????

:sad: :scratch:

HansV
Administrator

Re: select * with exclusion of list values

Post by HansV »

No, that is not possible. A recordset is always bound to a single connection.

If you create a linked table in the Access database that links to the SQL Server table, you only need to use the connection to the Access database. But if your SQL Server table is large, using the linked table will e slow.

On the other hand, if you import the Access table into the SQL Server database, you only need the connection to SQL Server, and that should be very fast.
Best wishes,
Hans

sal21
PlatinumLounger

Re: select * with exclusion of list values

Post by sal21 »

HansV wrote:No, that is not possible. A recordset is always bound to a single connection.

If you create a linked table in the Access database that links to the SQL Server table, you only need to use the connection to the Access database. But if your SQL Server table is large, using the linked table will e slow.

On the other hand, if you import the Access table into the SQL Server database, you only need the connection to SQL Server, and that should be very fast.
OK...tks for suggestion.