Query with all prices per period

tknijnenburg
NewLounger

Query with all prices per period

Post by tknijnenburg »

Hi I'm new here, so please forgive me, if my post is not that nice.
I try to design a query, but It doesn't give me the desired output.
The database has 3 tables tblArticlePrice, tblArticle, tblStockChange. tblArticle is in the middle and connected to both tables with ArticleID.
Prices can change throughout the year (record with old price has a field EndDate en the new record contains a field StartDate with the new price.
The stock changes do also have dates.

In my query I need the changes from the stock with the price that was in that period.
So for example, if my price is changed at 01-01-2023 and the stock changed two times on 29-12-2022 and on 13-01-2023 I need to see 2 rows with the prices at that time.

My query:
SELECT Artikelen.Artikelnaam, Voorraadmutaties.DatOnd, [Voorraadmutaties]![Voorrmut]*-1 AS [Aantal artikelen], tblArtikelPrijs.VerkPrijs, [Voorraadmutaties]![Voorrmut]*[tblArtikelPrijs]![VerkPrijs]*-1 AS Totaalprijs
FROM Filialen INNER JOIN ((Artikelen INNER JOIN tblArtikelPrijs ON Artikelen.ArtikelID = tblArtikelPrijs.ArtikelID) INNER JOIN Voorraadmutaties ON Artikelen.ArtikelID = Voorraadmutaties.ArtikelID) ON Filialen.FiliaalID = Voorraadmutaties.FiliaalID
WHERE (((Voorraadmutaties.DatOnd) Between [tblArtikelPrijs]![StartDat] And [tblArtikelPrijs]![EindDat]));

Could anybody help me?

HansV
Administrator

Re: Query with all prices per period

Post by HansV »

A belated welcome to Eileen's Lounge!

Could you create a copy of the database, strip away everything that isn't relevant to the problem, as well as all sensitive information, then zip the copy and attach it to a reply?
Best wishes,
Hans

xps35
NewLounger

Post by xps35 »

It may go wrong because you set a condition for the stock change date. However, you want to find a certain price. Turn it around and set a condition for the price change.
Groeten,

Peter

tknijnenburg
NewLounger

Post by tknijnenburg »

HansV wrote:
13 Feb 2023, 14:22
A belated welcome to Eileen's Lounge!

Could you create a copy of the database, strip away everything that isn't relevant to the problem, as well as all sensitive information, then zip the copy and attach it to a reply?
I've stripped a lot.
Have 4 tables and 1 query left, and zipped the file.
(the biggest table has 150 records, the others less than 100)

Cannot upload the file because it's still 4022 KB.
Grtz, Ton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Did you compact the database before zipping it?
If it'ds still too large, you can upload it to a cloud service such as Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox or similar, obtain a share link and post the link.
Or email it to me: hans dot vogelaar at gmail dot com
Best wishes,
Hans

tknijnenburg
NewLounger

Post by tknijnenburg »

Yes, I did compact the database.
Created a dropbox for it.Here the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uq76tvuygo5iy ... accdb?dl=0
Grtz, Ton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Thank you! Does this do what you want? This is the query from your sample database, with added date condition:

SELECT Filialen.Filiaalnummer, Artikelen.Artikelnaam, Voorraadmutaties.DatOnd, [Voorraadmutaties]![Voorrmut]*-1 AS [Aantal artikelen], tblArtikelPrijs.VerkPrijs, [Voorraadmutaties]![Voorrmut]*[tblArtikelPrijs]![VerkPrijs]*-1 AS Totaalprijs, Artikelen.VoorrSoort
FROM Filialen INNER JOIN ((Artikelen INNER JOIN tblArtikelPrijs ON Artikelen.ArtikelID = tblArtikelPrijs.ArtikelID) INNER JOIN Voorraadmutaties ON Artikelen.ArtikelID = Voorraadmutaties.ArtikelID) ON Filialen.ID = Voorraadmutaties.FiliaalID
WHERE (((Filialen.Filiaalnummer)<>1) AND ((Voorraadmutaties.DatOnd) Between [StartDat] And Nz([EindDat],#12/31/9999#)) AND ((Artikelen.VoorrSoort)="ZWE"));
Best wishes,
Hans

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

It might be a good idea to create a new database and import all objects from your database into it. This is the result of doing that with your sample database - size went from 4 MB to 532 kB, and only 35 kB zipped:

Database1.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

tknijnenburg
NewLounger

Post by tknijnenburg »

HansV wrote:
13 Feb 2023, 16:11
Thank you! Does this do what you want? This is the query from your sample database, with added date condition:

SELECT Filialen.Filiaalnummer, Artikelen.Artikelnaam, Voorraadmutaties.DatOnd, [Voorraadmutaties]![Voorrmut]*-1 AS [Aantal artikelen], tblArtikelPrijs.VerkPrijs, [Voorraadmutaties]![Voorrmut]*[tblArtikelPrijs]![VerkPrijs]*-1 AS Totaalprijs, Artikelen.VoorrSoort
FROM Filialen INNER JOIN ((Artikelen INNER JOIN tblArtikelPrijs ON Artikelen.ArtikelID = tblArtikelPrijs.ArtikelID) INNER JOIN Voorraadmutaties ON Artikelen.ArtikelID = Voorraadmutaties.ArtikelID) ON Filialen.ID = Voorraadmutaties.FiliaalID
WHERE (((Filialen.Filiaalnummer)<>1) AND ((Voorraadmutaties.DatOnd) Between [StartDat] And Nz([EindDat],#12/31/9999#)) AND ((Artikelen.VoorrSoort)="ZWE"));
Yes Hans, That is exactly what I need.
Thank you very much.
Grtz, Ton

tknijnenburg
NewLounger

Post by tknijnenburg »

HansV wrote:
13 Feb 2023, 16:15
It might be a good idea to create a new database and import all objects from your database into it. This is the result of doing that with your sample database - size went from 4 MB to 532 kB, and only 35 kB zipped:

Database1.zip
Okay, I will do that.
Strange that you managed to get it much smaller then I do.

Thanks again.
Grtz, Ton