Treeview and checkboxes

geedeearr
StarLounger

Treeview and checkboxes

Post by geedeearr »

Hi All,
Quick question...is it possible, in Acc2k7, to selectively suppress the checkbox for certain nodes in a treeview (Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0 (SP6)): i.e. no checkbox for a parent node while its' child nodes do have checkboxes?
Thank you.
gary

Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music. - George Carlin                    Image

HansV
Administrator

Re: Treeview and checkboxes

Post by HansV »

Apparently it is possible by creating a custom drawing routine for the treeview. There's an example in C++ (?): TreeView: Enable checkboxes but hide checkbox for childnodes.; perhaps you can adapt it for VBA...
Best wishes,
Hans

Wendell
4StarLounger

Post by Wendell »

Hi Gary,
If you find that approach too brain-damaging, you might consider an alternative treeview. One that we used with excellent success is ctTree.ocx from DBI Technologies - it is much more robust that is from Microsoft, and has the ability to have check boxes at any level from what I can tell. See ctTree | Navigational Tree Control for details.
Wendell
You can't see the view if you don't climb the mountain!

geedeearr
StarLounger

Post by geedeearr »

Thank you Hans and Wendell,
Sorry for the delay. Just before I got called away, I had been looking at what Hans mentioned. I couldn't find a DrawMode method in the Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0 (SP6) reference library (MSComctlLib), so that led me to think I'd need to write a COM, COM+, dll....some kind of add-in, and this project just isn't worth it.
Wendell. I briefly looked at your reference, and while I think it would be a very useful tool, at the moment and again, for this project, I don't think I could get anyone to spring for it.
Thank you both.
gary

Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music. - George Carlin                    Image

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

If it's not an absolute requirement for your project, it's lot easier to do without it and work with the default capabilities of the treeview control.
Best wishes,
Hans