Query Output Locking Fields without a filter form

Stew
StarLounger

Query Output Locking Fields without a filter form

Post by Stew »

I have encountered a problem that I was hoping you could help. Due to the size of the information that will be required to edit I would like to give my user a datasheet from a query. However I want them to only be able to change select fields. To my specific case. I have people placed in work sections, some of these expanding 75+ people. Once a manager selects his work field it will activate a query. I have this set up, however I want the query to output personal information, such as a name, but make it unable to edit. I think this should be easy however I think I am missing something. Thanks for the help. If this is not possible I can use a filter form, however I am trying to stop the managers from having to go through the records one by one in a form with locked fields. Thanks for the help in advanced.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Query Output Locking Fields without a filter form

Post by HansV »

You can create a datasheet form or a continuous form based on your query. Both let the user view multiple records at the same time. For the controls (such as text boxes) bound to fields that you don't want the user to edit, set the Enabled property to No and the Locked property to Yes. That way, they can only tab through the controls they can edit.
Best wishes,
Hans

Stew
StarLounger

Post by Stew »

I'm having trouble finding what you mean, could you post a simple example if possible

Stew
StarLounger

Post by Stew »

I understand now, just had to step outside and get some air to rethink my strategy. Thanks for the help

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

That's quick! :smile:
Best wishes,
Hans