Previously linked Power Point presentation

matthewR
5StarLounger

Previously linked Power Point presentation

Post by matthewR »

I did this PowerPoint presentation last year (about 40 slides) and now I have to rerun this presentation with updated data. The data is in separate Excel spreadsheets. If I can remember correctly, this data was linked to the PowerPoint slides. This is 2007. Is there any requirements as far as where the excel files are located and where the presentation is located? When I open the PowerPoint presentation and it asks to update, should I update the whole presentation or one slide at a time? Does the Excel sheets have to be open? I am not sure how to refresh this presentation with new data and any help, suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for your help.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Previously linked Power Point presentation

Post by HansV »

If the Excel workbooks are in the same folder as the PowerPoint presentation, PowerPoint should be able to find them.
When you open the presentation, you'll probably get a security warning. Click Update Links, and that should be it.
If you want to update manually:
- Click the Office button.
- Click Prepare.
- Click Edit Links to Files (you'll probably have to scroll down the list to see this item).
- Select one or more links.
- Click Update Values.
Best wishes,
Hans

matthewR
5StarLounger

Re: Previously linked Power Point presentation

Post by matthewR »

Thank you for the information. I can hardly remember what I did yesterday let alone a year ago.