PowerPoint/Word themes and colours for 2010

Robie
5StarLounger

PowerPoint/Word themes and colours for 2010

Post by Robie »

This applies both to PowerPoint and Word so not sure where it should go.

As part of 2010 upgrade we have created a company theme of 6 colours plus 1 black 1 grey.
15.png
Now, the user can use a *mixture* of any theme colours in the presentation/word document from the theme. For example, orange, green, blue, lime green, mauve or yellow. The example screenshot shows the use of it.

Independent of the use of theme colours in the presentation/word document, our presentation must also use the *six* theme colours in a specific way (also shwon in the screenshot). They are used for the title slide, bullets and background of the slide number. For word - it's only used for the front cover which looks similar to the presenstation title slide.
16.png
Question is, how do I achieve this? Is there any way I can set up a theme or theme colours or something else to allow the users to change this information? I just can't figure it out.

Any help highly appreciated. There must be a way. I have to find a way.

Thanks.
Robie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: PowerPoint/Word themes and colours for 2010

Post by HansV »

If you want slides to have a specific colour for the triangle used on the title slide and behind the page numbers, but this colour can be different for different presentations (e.g. dependent on the department/division where the user works), you'd either have to create different versions of the custom theme, with the specific colours in the "right" position, or provide a way to change the order of the colours within the theme.
Best wishes,
Hans

Robie
5StarLounger

Post by Robie »

HansV wrote:If you want slides to have a specific colour for the triangle used on the title slide and behind the page numbers, but this colour can be different for different presentations (e.g. dependent on the department/division where the user works), you'd either have to create different versions of the custom theme, with the specific colours in the "right" position, or provide a way to change the order of the colours within the theme.
Thanks Hans.

Doesn't quite work that way. The title slide/page number background/bullets can be any of the six colours for any user. I do understand the user of the position.

Is there anyway I can create other themes with required colour in the correct position but available to to the user as a theme selection?

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Wouldn't it be easier to create 6 presentation templates, and 6 document templates, each with the correct colours in place?
Best wishes,
Hans

Robie
5StarLounger

Post by Robie »

HansV wrote:Wouldn't it be easier to create 6 presentation templates, and 6 document templates, each with the correct colours in place?
Yes, it would but it's out of the question :-( as per the bosses.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You can save a set of theme colours as a .xml file. It will be stored in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\Document Themes\Theme Colors (Windows Vista or 7) or C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates\Document Themes\Theme Colors.
If you create several custom .xml files, you can have other users copy them to their own Theme Colors folder. They will then be able to use them too.
Best wishes,
Hans