PowerPoint template?

jmt356
SilverLounger

PowerPoint template?

Post by jmt356 »

I was just sent a PPT and was told to add slides. In the PPT, level 1 is set to 20 pt font, level 2 to 18, level 3 to 16.

When I try adding new slides and content, the font size does not change automatically when I change the levels. When I create a new slide, the font size is automatically 16, regardless of the level. So I have to type up the content and then manually apply the font size to each corresponding level.

Is there a way to do this automatically, as in Word through styles? Or is there a way to link the PPT to a design template and then automatically update the ppt styles to correspond?
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Re: PowerPoint template?

Post by HansV »

Check the slide master to see how the font sizes are set there.
Best wishes,
Hans

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

Where is the slide master?
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Depends on the version of PowerPoint.
In PowerPoint 2003 or earlier: select View | Master | Slide Master.
In PowerPoint 2007: activate the View tab of the ribbon. In the Presentation Views group, click Slide Master.
In PowerPoint 2010: activate the View tab of the ribbon. In the Master Views group, click Slide Master.
Best wishes,
Hans

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

Under the Slide Master, all of the levels were set to 16 pt. I changed it to 20 for Level 1, 18 for Level 2 , and 16 for anything below that. When I went back into the presentation, some of the text was enlarged in unexpected ways. For example, some instances of Level 1 were set to 28 pt. I don't understand why (originally, manual formatting was to 16 pt). I went through each slide, selected all of the text, and pressed ctrl + spacebar and that restored everything to the way I wanted as per the Slide Master.
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I certainly can't explain why that happened, and I fear you may never know either...
Best wishes,
Hans