How do you number pages automatically

matthewR
5StarLounger

How do you number pages automatically

Post by matthewR »

I am not that familiar with PowerPoint 2007. I tried to use the Master slide to put page numbers in. How do you get it to number slides 1,2 etc. I have been numbering manually for each slide but I want it to number automatically so that if I delete a slide it will renumber etc.

HansV
Administrator

Re: How do you number pages automatically

Post by HansV »

Activate the Insert tab of the ribbon.
Click 'Header and Footer'.
Tick the 'Slide Number' check box.
If you don't want a slide number on the title slide, tick the 'Don't show on title slide' check box.
Click 'Apply to All'.
x157.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

matthewR
5StarLounger

Post by matthewR »

I did that but it took out the page numbers and didn't put anything in the footer. This is a Presentation that was already set up so maybe I am doing something wrong. What should the Master slide look like?

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The screenshot below is from PowerPoint 2010 but it's basically the same in 2007.
x750.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

matthewR
5StarLounger

Post by matthewR »

Everything looks like what you sent but what I get in the presentation is a place holder with "footer" inside it. If I put something in the insert page footer like a 1, then a 1 is on all slides.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

If you enter text in the footer box, it'll be fixed text. The way to add a slide number is what I showed in my first reply: tick the Slide Number check box in the Header and Footer dialog.

If you still have problems, could you create a copy of the presentation, delete all slides except an empty one, zip it and attach it to a reply?
Best wishes,
Hans