PowerPoint 2003 and design templates

Robie
5StarLounger

PowerPoint 2003 and design templates

Post by Robie »

*EDIT 2*: If I edit and then save this template under PP2010, it saves it with the *correct* thumbnail. I can then use it as my design template in PP2003 but when apply this template it comes up with the message 'This design has multiple masters. PowerPoint has applied the first master in the template. Do you wan tto copy the other masters in your presentation for later use?' I don't understand the message. Whether I accept or not, it applies the title slide to all my slides (include normal slides) for the selected presentation.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*EDIT*: If I edit my title page to not include the two logos (top left and bottom right) then Windows creates a proper thumbnail image. See the image below.
5.png
But, I need to include those logos in my presentation.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Similar question to the previous posted but just wanted a new topic.
This is specifically for PowerPoint *2003*.

One PP2003 templates which has 6 different themes (for a lack of a better word). Basically, each them has differently coloured title page, bullets and background for page number of normal slides. Not other fancy changes - just those three. So for example, one theme is green where part of the title page is green, bullets are green & the backdrop to page number in normal slides is green. It can 1 to 6 different themes.

So. I go into the 'Slide Design', ''Browse' and pick up each of the six different themes (separate PPT files). The problem is they all look the same on the right-hand side. Is there any way of showing the differences in each design front cover, i.e. green, blue, orange, lime green, yellow and mauve? This would solve a lot of my problem here. I also looked a the 'Colour themes' but I can create one based on my design/template & it is not easy to change according to my template. An malgamated image added to show what I mean.
04.png
Hope, someone has an idea how to solve this. This would be a feather in my cap.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: PowerPoint 2003 and design templates

Post by HansV »

Robie, for the future: our forum software doesn't provide any visual clue in the list of posts that a post has been edited; you only see that if you visit the thread. I had seen your original post and I had no idea you had edited it twice until I looked at it today by accident. It's better to post additional information in a reply, because the thread will then show as updated in the list of posts and turn up in the list of unread posts. (I know that there are some boards where replying to your own post is seriously frowned upon, but Eileen's Lounge is more relaxed in that respect.)
Robie wrote:... comes up with the message 'This design has multiple masters. PowerPoint has applied the first master in the template ...'
PowerPoint 2007 and later add a whole series of masters to the two used in earlier versions (title master and slide master):
x756.png
When you apply a template created in PowerPoint 2007 or later to a presentation in PowerPoint 2003 or earlier, only the first will be used. You should answer Yes to the question "Do you want to copy the other masters in your presentation for later use?", so that the other masters will be preserved for when you open the presentation in PowerPoint 2007 or later. You will get this question each time you apply the template.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans