Powerpoint 2000-Manually Selecting Data

theresaC
StarLounger

Powerpoint 2000-Manually Selecting Data

Post by theresaC »

I have a wonderful idea for helping our grade school children with some of their subjects. What I would like to do it create a powerpoint which will hide and reveal questions and then as the questions are answered correctly, I want to manually have them go on the screen. It will then be set up like a game show.

As an example, "Name the five Great Lakes in Michigan."

Because I don't know which order their answers will come in, I can't set up "custom animation." I want "Lake Huron" to go onto the screen when they say "Lake Huron" or if it's answered incorrectly, have fun animation come out. So the custom animation won't work if I have it scheduled as the 4th Lake and they say it first. I hope that made sense.

I hope to get two monitors so they don't have to see the answers until I prompt them to enter the main screen. I just don't know enough about powerpoint to determine which slide layout to use or if this type of thing is even possible using Microsoft Powerpoint 2000. I went online this morning and although pwrpt 2010 looks wonderful - the $1000 price is totally out of my league; plus, at this point, I don't know if it's a version issue.

Any suggestion that you can offer will be appreciated. Perhaps there's another application that this would work better in but this is a low to no budget project!

HansV
Administrator

Re: Powerpoint 2000-Manually Selecting Data

Post by HansV »

Welcome to Eileen's Lounge!

In PowerPoint 2000, you can use hyperlinks and action buttons, but it may not be easy to do what you want - it doesn't have the sophisticated control later versions offer. See Dynamic PowerPoint for some suggestions.
Best wishes,
Hans

theresaC
StarLounger

Re: Powerpoint 2000-Manually Selecting Data

Post by theresaC »

It sounds like I'm going to have my hands full! Thank you for the document. I'll try to grasp as much of it as I can.

If I do go with an upgrade for this application will this feature already be built in? If so, which version would you recommend?