text box defaults (PP 2003/2007)

Robie
5StarLounger

text box defaults (PP 2003/2007)

Post by Robie »

Hi

Is it possible for textboxes to have the same characterstics as the placeholder boxes, so that whenever I add a text box it will be same as the placeholder box? Try as I might, I can't seem to get it right.

My placeholder box certain formatting and butllets and line spacing etc. I made sure that I select 'Set Autoshape Defaults' for the placeholder box. But, what I find is that when I insert a textbox, it formatting is not the same. I get the correct font size but line spacing and bullets (bullet levels are not correct). Any ideas how I can fix this for the template?
Textbox defaults.png
Hope you guys can help as I need this to be sorted out as soon as possible. thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: text box defaults (PP 2003/2007)

Post by HansV »

The short answer is no. But hold on...

You can apply a slide layout with two placeholders:
x124.png
and then rearrange the placeholders:
x125.png
This will work in PowerPoint 2003 and 2007.

In PowerPoint 2003, you cannot insert placeholders in the slide master, but in PowerPoint 2007, you can design a custom slide master with multiple placeholders: there is an Insert Placeholder button in the Master Layout group of the Slide Master tab of the ribbon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Robie
5StarLounger

Post by Robie »

HansV wrote:The short answer is no. But hold on...

You can apply a slide layout with two placeholders:
x124.png
and then rearrange the placeholders:
x125.png
This will work in PowerPoint 2003 and 2007.

In PowerPoint 2003, you cannot insert placeholders in the slide master, but in PowerPoint 2007, you can design a custom slide master with multiple placeholders: there is an Insert Placeholder button in the Master Layout group of the Slide Master tab of the ribbon.
Thanks Hans. Funny we can't setup the default textbox characterstics :-(.

One more question: is it possible to set up the template to have a default transitions? For example, to be 'Cover left'? I thought the transitions could only be set up when creating presentations!

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You can set a transition for the slide master. This will then be applied to all slides. You can overrule it for individual slides.
Best wishes,
Hans

Robie
5StarLounger

Post by Robie »

HansV wrote:You can set a transition for the slide master. This will then be applied to all slides. You can overrule it for individual slides.
Thanks Hans - found it.