Access to options under VBA (2003)

Robie
5StarLounger

Access to options under VBA (2003)

Post by Robie »

Is it possible to get hold of the 'user information' under VBA for a presentation?

I need to check the value of the 'username' against stored value but can't get hold of it.
user information in PP.png
Also, while I am at it - another issue. I created a test presentation and sent it to a colleague for testing. She already has the .pot and .ppa file (used to create this presentation) and saved in correct locations. What she finds is that when she tries to open my ppt file, it does *not* load the template (.ppa) and thus my toolbar is missing from it! Any ideas why that would be the case?

Thanks.

Robie.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Access to options under VBA (2003)

Post by StuartR »

PowerPoint doesn't seem to have Application.Username, which is how you would do this in Word.

I know that in later versions of Office, the username is common to all of the applications, so you could use automation to get Application.Username from word. I am not sure if this is the same with Office 2003, and obviously it wouldn't work if PowerPoint is the only office application you have installed.
StuartR

Robie
5StarLounger

Post by Robie »

StuartR wrote:PowerPoint doesn't seem to have Application.Username, which is how you would do this in Word.

I know that in later versions of Office, the username is common to all of the applications, so you could use automation to get Application.Username from word. I am not sure if this is the same with Office 2003, and obviously it wouldn't work if PowerPoint is the only office application you have installed.
Thanks Stuart. That is bad news. It was the only way for me to compare against the stored value to find out who created the original presentation. If this presentation was being edited by the original author and then he/she would have more functionality to change colours in presentation etc. Can't think of another way of uniquely identifying the originator of the presentation.

Also, Stuart do have any idea about my 2nd question? Opening a PPT file does not load a PPA file (so that my macros/toolbar is available for use)!

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Robie wrote:...Also, Stuart do have any idea about my 2nd question? Opening a PPT file does not load a PPA file (so that my macros/toolbar is available for use)!
I haven't a clue, but there are plenty of people here who know PowerPoint far better than I do. Hopefully one of them will answer you.
StuartR

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The user will have to install the add-in in Tools | Add-Ins...
Best wishes,
Hans

Robie
5StarLounger

Post by Robie »

Thanks.