Load/Unload PP addins using VBA

Robie
5StarLounger

Load/Unload PP addins using VBA

Post by Robie »

This is probably a stupid question but it is possible to load/unload PP addins from within PP?

What I mean is can I unload the addin when a presentation is saved/closed? What this means is that it is only loaded when a presentation is created with a particular template. With my very limited understanding of PP, I think the template does not have control over the loading/unloading of a .PPA addin.

Basically, I have created a PP2003 addin/pot file for the company presentation. Now, what I would like to do is only load the addin when a presentation is being created by this particular .pot file. Because as it stands the .ppa addin is useless for presentations created using other PP templates since it does something specific to the presentations created by this company PP.pot file.

Also, is it possible to know if the user is creating or opening a presentation? In Word, we know we can use the Document_Open, Document_New functions to find out if the user is creating a new document or editing an existing one. Is there something similar in PP?

Thanks.

Robie

HansV
Administrator

Re: Load/Unload PP addins using VBA

Post by HansV »

See Make your VBA code in PowerPoint respond to events and make sure to follow the links.
Best wishes,
Hans

Robie
5StarLounger

Re: Load/Unload PP addins using VBA

Post by Robie »

HansV wrote:See Make your VBA code in PowerPoint respond to events and make sure to follow the links.
Thanks for late reponse Hans - been away for a long time. Will have a look at your link. THANKS.