Colour problem with embedded video clips

Amelia43
StarLounger

Colour problem with embedded video clips

Post by Amelia43 »

I have created a PPT 2010 file in which 3 video clips are embedded. The individual .wmv video files look perfect, however when the embedded files are played, everything is tinted blue!
I would appreciate any advice in correcting this problem.
Dianne

HansV
Administrator

Re: Colour problem with embedded video clips

Post by HansV »

Do you see anything out of the ordinary when you click on the video (in Normal view) and activate the Format tab of the ribbon? This contains buttons for Correction and Color.
Best wishes,
Hans

Amelia43
StarLounger

Post by Amelia43 »

Thank you for the quick reply! The colour setting is "No recolor".I have tried tweaking colour etc without success. In the clips, skin and fair hair are blue, light coloured clothing is a creamy white (not a problem really) and some walls are blue and others white. The main problem is this weird blue tinge of the people in the clips, which will somewhat detract from the value of the presentation as a teaching tool. The folk in the clip look like Smurfs! If I can't resolve it, it is easy enough to show the clips separately from the PPT.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

A strange problem - I can't find any reports if similar problems. But as you say, showing the clips separately is a workaround.
Best wishes,
Hans

Amelia43
StarLounger

Post by Amelia43 »

Some deep Googling brought up a couple of mentions of similar problems, but no solutions offered. So I will stick with Plan B.
Thank you Hans.