Create and apply an "excerpt" style

jmt356
SilverLounger

Create and apply an "excerpt" style

Post by jmt356 »

I am working on a PPT presentation with several excerpts. Whenever I enter an excerpt, I want it to appear in Tahoma Heading 20, light blue, with no bullets. Is it possible to create a style called "excerpt" and to assign this style to each excerpt, as I can do in Word, without having to manually format every excerpt.
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Re: Create and apply an "excerpt" style

Post by HansV »

As far as I know, PowerPoint does not have the concept of a style as in Word.
You can create a slide with the formatting that you want for an excerpt in the Slide Master. Whenever you need an excerpt, insert the excerpt slide.
Regards,
Hans

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: Create and apply an "excerpt" style

Post by ChrisGreaves »

HansV wrote:
04 May 2021, 07:02
As far as I know, PowerPoint does not have the concept of a style as in Word.
Ah! But quite obviously at least three of us do! Have the concept of a Style, I mean.

I would argue that a Style is a name that can be applied to text (usually), and so I recorded a "Macro1"

Code: Select all

With ActiveWindow.Selection.TextRange.Font
    .Name = "Courier New"
    .Bold = msoTrue
    .Italic = msoTrue
    .Color.SchemeColor = ppAccent1
End With
which runs with text pre-selected and sets the text to Bold, Italic, Blue, Courier New, for want of a better choice (I'm still on my first coffee).
This is, of course, PowerPoint 2003, and I had a quick look for shortcut keys but didn't look too far; just ran the macro from a toolbar.

I've written PPT/VBA. years ago, and so I suppose that one could write code that retrospectively ran this macro against suitable chunks of text across a presentation.

Cheers
Chris
Ignorance is not knowing; Stupid is not asking.