Can you apply a layout that has multiple body text boxes?

New Daddy
4StarLounger

Can you apply a layout that has multiple body text boxes?

Post by New Daddy »

Attached is one of many useful layouts that I found from my company's template archive.

I think it's a perfect layout for a slide with 4 bullet points (with sub-bullet points under each bullet point). But I can't seem to apply this to an existing slide with 4 bulleted topics.

Instead, the 4 bulleted topics go into the body text place holder of this layout.

It looks like the only way to enter text into a layout like this is to start from this slide and hard-enter the text. That is not consistent with my workflow, as I start from a Word outline, export it to Powerpoint, and apply most appropriate layout to each slide depending on the context.

Any solution for my needs?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Can you apply a layout that has multiple body text boxes

Post by HansV »

The text boxes in that slide aren't placeholders, as in a slide master. The text in each of the boxes has to be replaced with the text you want, and the boxes numbered 1 to 4 are not equivalent to bullet points. They are like small subslides, each with a title and body text.

It might be possible to create a macro to copy the slide and populate it from a Word document, but (a) I cannot help you with that, and (b) it seems more work than it's worth.
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Can you apply a layout that has multiple body text boxes

Post by Rudi »

Its not the solution you are after as you'd somehow need to link the placeholders together to allow you to type into them as one big placeholder instead of 4 small ones, but this is the closest you can get to adding text without having to clear out text beforehand. I added the 4 box design to a new master layout and added placeholders into the boxes in order to accept text or images etc...
Sample.pptx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.