Linking several songs to a PPT presentation

jmt356
SilverLounger

Linking several songs to a PPT presentation

Post by jmt356 »

I'd like to create a PPT presentation comprised of 15 photos that loop infinitely. I would like 8 songs to play while the presentation plays. I already know how to link a single song to a presentation, but is it possible to link more than 1? If so, is it possible to progress through all 8 of the songs before looping back to the first song or will the song list automatically start at the first song when the 15 photos have finished displaying and they loop back again to the start?
Regards,

JMT

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Linking several songs to a PPT presentation

Post by Rudi »

Firstly, 15 photos vs. 8 songs. That is a LOT of music for 15 images. You would need to display each image for at least 2 minutes, assuming the music is about 4 minutes in length. Secondly, it could be possible to trigger the next song after the previous has ended, but I think it would be a whole lot easier to simply stitch the 8 songs together into a single track and then just trigger this one track at the beginning of the PPT. You could use Audacity to do this.

Regarding the images, you can create a photo album, using INSERT > Photo Album on the home ribbon of PPT. Then all you need to do is set the timings of transitions and set the PPT to loop indefinitely until stopped in the Slide Show Settings.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I'd merge the songs into a single audio file. You can then specify that this audio file will play repeatedly.

There are many tools to merge audio files, e.g. Audio Joiner (an online service, no installation needed).
Best wishes,
Hans

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

I believe I found an easier way to achieve my objective:
1. Play the PPT presentation on continuous loop by: (i) On the Slide Show menu, click Set Up Show; and (ii) Select the Loop continuously until 'Esc' check box
2. Select the songs that I want to play and press enter, which causes them to open up and play in Windows Media Player in the background, while the PPT presentation is playing.
3. Press Turn repeat on (the button to the left of the Stop button in Windows Media Player) so that the songs continue playing while the PPT presentation loops.

However, this is not working as I expected. While the PPT presentation is properly continuing in a loop, the music stops after the last song. Shouldn’t pressing Turn repeat on in Windows Media Player cause the program to continue to play the songs in a loop?
Regards,

JMT

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

If you create a play list in WMP, it should play all 8 songs in a continuous loop, yes.
Alternatively, select all 8 songs in the bigger list and then click the play button (with repeat on of course)
Regards,
Rudi

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

For some reason, it was not looping. Perhaps it is because I was playing them on an older Windows XP laptop. It worked fine on another laptop running Windows 7.
Regards,

JMT

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

TX for the feedback. Glad its looping.
Regards,
Rudi