Volume too low in Powerpoint Presentation wav file

Diana van den Berg
4StarLounger

Volume too low in Powerpoint Presentation wav file

Post by Diana van den Berg »

I have a single slide Powerpoint presentation of a short poem of 32 words (and in addition, the title is 1 word and the poet’s name which is 2 initials and a 1-word surname).

The wav sound file is 4655 kb.

With the limited (and free) resources that I have, the most effective way I have been able to find to create the sound file is to record it via my cheap microphone and Free Sound Recorder, then, on WavPad Sound Editor amplify the sound by 400%. That produces a wav file with the volume high enough.

It goes on perfectly into Powerpoint, but the volume is much too low. It is exactly the same volume as without the 400% amplification by WavPad Sound Editor.

Nothing I do seems to change that.

I have tried:
1. making it an embedded file
2. making it a linked file
3. turning up the volume wherever I have been able to find volume to turn up.
4. possibly other things that don’t spring to mind immediately

Can somebody please help me.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Volume too low in Powerpoint Presentation wav file

Post by HansV »

Does your sound card have an audio mixer? Try right-clicking the volume icon in the notification area in the lower right corner of the main Windows screen; hopefully there is an audio mixer item or similar in the context menu.
Make sure that all components are set to 100%.

Although Some inserted sound files always play at full volume in PowerPoint is for PowerPoint 2003 and 2007, it may apply to 2010 too. See if the workaround mentioned there helps.
Best wishes,
Hans

Diana van den Berg
4StarLounger

I am SO sorry I took so long to reply. I meant to, but I was so busy trying half a million things and then I got caught up in other things, and I plain forgot!

I looked at this, Hans, but it didn't seem to help. I managed to sort it out eventually, but I tried so many things that I am not sure what helped, but I think it was probably mainly increasing the size sound file that Powerpoint can take.

Thanks for the reply though.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Glad you were able to solve it yourself!
Best wishes,
Hans

Diana van den Berg
4StarLounger

Thanks.