Page numbers

matthewR
5StarLounger

Page numbers

Post by matthewR »

We have a slide presentation that is already numbered but we have 2 page 4. We want to renumber the pages automatically because there are over 50 slides. How do you do this? We have tried to follow directions by clicking Normal. Insert tab in text group clicking Slide Number. In Header and Footer dialog - if you want to add slide number, click the slide tab and then selec the slide number check box . If you want to add page number to all of the slide click apply to all. We did all that, but nothing changes?? We need help.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Page numbers

Post by HansV »

Try this:
Make sure that no placeholder or text box is selected.
On the Insert tab of the ribbon, click Slide Number.
Clear the Slide Number check box, then click Apply to All.
Slide numbers should now be gone from all slides.
If not, select each remaining slide number and delete it.
Click Slide Number again.
This time, tick the Slide Number check box, then click Apply to All.
Best wishes,
Hans

matthewR
5StarLounger

Post by matthewR »

I tried what you suggested but I think there is a problem in the way the slides were set up. There is a footer and the page number is in the footer. I tried going to the master slide and removing the footer for the page number but it still doesn't work. How do I get rid of the footer and get back to just have the page numbers create automatically?

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I'd have to see a copy of the presentation (all content can be removed from the slides, except for the page numbers of course)
Best wishes,
Hans

matthewR
5StarLounger

Post by matthewR »

Attached is the PP slides with everything removed except page numbers. My manager manually added the page numbers that are showing. We added a slide previously to her manually adding the page numbers and had 2 page 4 so page numbers had to be renumbered.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The footer of each individual slide has been messed with - the position of the CONFIDENTIAL AND PROPRIETARY box, for example, changes from slide to slide.
So the slide master(s) have become meaningless - they have been overridden manually on EVERY slide.
You can use the presentation "as is", but I wouldn't use it as the basis for future presentations. It'd be best to start from scratch if you want a presentation with consistent formatting.
Best wishes,
Hans

matthewR
5StarLounger

Post by matthewR »

Thanks for looking at this. We used another presentation to do these slides so I think whatever was done in the original presentation didn't translate well.