reg. mail merge in excel & word

JIGYANSHA1985
StarLounger

reg. mail merge in excel & word

Post by JIGYANSHA1985 »

Sir,
I would like to send mails to those offices in which the Closing Cash in hand is high (i.e. >= 100000 ) which is summed at Tot_Cl_Cash field bran-wise. That means First of all sum field Cl_Cash as per field bran and reflected at Tot_Cl_Cash field.

A letter.doc file is attached which is a sample letter. The mail merged letter shall be send to those offices whose Tot_Cl_Cash is great than equal to 1,00,000/- in the excel file. In the excel file some mail addresses are cited. Each page that shall be created Mailed to that particular branch only.

So I need a macro which if runned merged the data in the document file as per 3 samples provided and also sent to that particular branch and copy to sector & region.

Pl. guide me in this regard ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: reg. mail merge in excel & word

Post by HansV »

It can be done with mail merge in combination with - rather complicated - use of fields. See for example:

How to use mail merge to create a list sorted by category in Word
Advanced Word 2003 Mail Merge: Combining Records
Best wishes,
Hans

JIGYANSHA1985
StarLounger

Post by JIGYANSHA1985 »

Its a little bit complicated example for me. Sir, if possible, pl. guide me how to do that in my sheet ...

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I know it's complicated, but you'll have to work your way through the tutorials, then add the fields to your Word document as described there, otherwise you'll never be able to customize it.
Best wishes,
Hans

JIGYANSHA1985
StarLounger

Post by JIGYANSHA1985 »

Alright Sir, I will try to do the same as per you suggestion ..