Filter help please (2003 SP3)

steveh
SilverLounger

Filter help please (2003 SP3)

Post by steveh »

Morning all

I have ever worked with filters much except on a very basic level. Firstly I am presuming that you can have more than one set of data filtered on a single worksheet, if not then perhaps a mod can lock or delete the thread.

I have a Worksheet that displays the 12 months of the year, for example January = I6:AO67, February = I71:AM132, March = I136:AO196 etc. to December I720:AO781.

If I highlight I6:A067 and then use autofilter the result encompasses I6:AO783. If I highlight I6:AO67 and select Filter, Advance Filter it shows the range highlighted as per the attached picture but if I click OK nothing happens whereby I expected to see the filter buttons in I6:AO6

Any pointers please
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by HansV on 03 Jan 2011, 10:07, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: to change version (20003 is too far in the future)
Steve
http://www.freightpro-uk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin

Jan Karel Pieterse
Microsoft MVP

Re: Filter help please (20003 SP3)

Post by Jan Karel Pieterse »

You can only have one filtered table per worksheet, EXCEPT if you turn each table into a List (select table, hit control+L). Then you can autofilter each table separately, provided they are located below each other, NOT next to each other.
Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP jkp-ads.com

steveh
SilverLounger

Post by steveh »

Jan Karel Pieterse wrote:You can only have one filtered table per worksheet, EXCEPT if you turn each table into a List (select table, hit control+L). Then you can autofilter each table separately, provided they are located below each other, NOT next to each other.
Thank you Jan Karel

If I change them as suggested will the formulas etc. remain intact in the individual cells?
Steve
― Benjamin Franklin

steveh
SilverLounger

Post by steveh »

steveh wrote:
Jan Karel Pieterse wrote:You can only have one filtered table per worksheet, EXCEPT if you turn each table into a List (select table, hit control+L). Then you can autofilter each table separately, provided they are located below each other, NOT next to each other.
Thank you Jan Karel

If I change them as suggested will the formulas etc. remain intact in the individual cells?
Hi Jan Karel

Thank you for that but I have some CF in the cells and in some but not others it goes when filtered like that but it gives me another idea now
Steve
― Benjamin Franklin