LibreCalc - How to Remove Passwords

BobH
UraniumLounger

LibreCalc - How to Remove Passwords

Post by BobH »

As reported elsewhere, I no longer have a license for MS Office; so I've switched to LibreOffice. The workbook that I've kept for years containing electricity consumption data apparently contains password protection. I cannot save the file with updated data because LibreCalc uses a different form of password protection and will not save files with passwords. I've searched and come up with methods for removing passwords, but they all require Excel which I no longer have.

Can anyone suggest how I might remove the passwords or suggest a workaround?

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: LibreCalc - How to Remove Passwords

Post by ChrisGreaves »

BobH wrote:
09 Apr 2024, 17:51
... I've switched to LibreOffice. ... I cannot save the file with updated data because LibreCalc uses a different form of password protection and will not save files with passwords. ... they all require Excel which I no longer have.
Dear Uncle Bob; my life was founded on workarounds!
(1) If you know someone you can trust with your excel workbook, might you not email it to them and ask them to extract the data? They could email back a workbook with your raw data. (I figure that your raw data is precious, and that the calculations can be re-devised if necessary; it's those 80-column data cards that are important)
(2) If you can read the data in LibreOffice, you might export it as CSV (comma/tab-delimited) then just import it back into a LibreCalc worksheet.

I am keen on supporting your progress in Libre, because I will be following in your footsteps, while standing on your shoulders.
Your affectionate nephew,
Chris
He who plants a seed, plants life.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Bob, you should change your signature... :smile:
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

But, Hans, if I did my Newfie nephew wouldn't know what to call me. :flee:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I meant the MS Office 2016 part...
Best wishes,
Hans