How to check one single cell value is matching with range of intermittent cells value

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

How to check one single cell value is matching with range of intermittent cells value

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

Dear Team,

I am facing this issue to check month and year of Cell A2 is matching with every third cell's month and year range from F2:L2. If it is matching i need to get result true. But since range of cells are having mixed data like numbers and alphanumeric, i am getting #NUM! error. Could you please help me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: How to check one single cell value is matching with range of intermittent cells value

Post by HansV »

Try this formula:

=AND(IF(MOD(COLUMN(F2:L2), 3)=0, F2:L2-DAY(F2:L2)=A2-DAY(A2),TRUE))

If you do not have Microsoft 365 or Office 2021, you may have to confirm the formula by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Enter.
Best wishes,
Hans

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Re: How to check one single cell value is matching with range of intermittent cells value

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

Logical idea behind this formula is great sir. But, why we couldn't skip that intermittent cells sir :scratch: i thought we could achieve it by array formula like getting cells only {F2,I2,L2} based on condition and checking each value with A2 cell. I tried in different ways before posting here. To learning purpose i am asking sir. Thank you sir.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

A formula such as =(F2,I2,L2)=A2 returns an error...
Best wishes,
Hans

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

Got it sir. Thank you.