How can we set the auto border on excel Data

prince
2StarLounger

How can we set the auto border on excel Data

Post by prince »

Hello sir, will you please suggest me how can i set auto border on sheet 2. its my reference sheet based on sheet 1.
I have tried to apply the new formula in condition format but its not sporting due to the reason of referencing cells.
Kindly suggest me the method.
Regards,
Prince
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: How can we set the auto border on excel Data

Post by Rudi »

Hi,

You need to be a bit more specific (provide more details) with your request. Besides F2, on sheet 2, there is no other attempts on a conditional format that we can reference. Sheet 1 has some rules, which I cannot make sense of either, so if you are wanting to duplicate the border rules on sheet 1 for sheet 2, I am not sure what the rule must be and for what range of cells the rules must apply. It will help if you can inform us what range you want the rule to apply to, what the rule must do and what formatting you want to apply.

TX

BTW: The INDIRECT() function on sheet 2 is not going to produce the correct results per row. You need to offset it by 2 rows to have the marks line up correctly.
You can use the formula: =INDIRECT("'sheet1'!E"&ROW()+2)
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

prince
2StarLounger

Post by prince »

Hello sir, I have attached the new sheet. On first sheet i have used the auto border cell formatting option. when i enter any record in sheet 1 then it automatically display the border on sheet 1 record. But when i use this method on reference sheet 2 then it does not showing the proper effect.
I want when i enter record on sheet 1, then same time sheet 2 display the record with auto border method. Main thing is Border should be displayed till that last record. Not on the below of blank referenced cell.
Regards,
Prince
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

This is because all the cells contain formulas. COUNTA includes cells with formulas, even if the formula returns a blank "". You can use this formula instead:

=COUNTIF($A1:$D1,"")<4
Best wishes,
Hans

prince
2StarLounger

Post by prince »

Thanks Mr. Hans , Its working perfectly .
Thanks a lot sir.
Regards,
Prince

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You could use the same formula on the first sheet.
Best wishes,
Hans