Setting Page Layout / Margins

ABabeNChrist
SilverLounger

Setting Page Layout / Margins

Post by ABabeNChrist »

I’m having a problem with adjusting my page layout in a way that maximizes the left and right margin.
As it appears now, I still have at least 1 inch or more on each side. When I try to make adjustments it seems to lose a portion of the page and then I have to reset the Page break. I have also tried using the % of a page. I have a total of 20 sheets within this workbook, is there any type of coding that I can apply to my workbook.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Setting Page Layout / Margins

Post by HansV »

You can change the page setup (including the margins) of many sheets at once interactively:
- Click a sheet tab, then Shift+click another sheet tab to select a contiguous range of sheets, or
- Ctrl+click to add a sheet to the selection or to remove it from the selection, or
- Right click any sheet tab and select "Select all sheets" from the popup menu.
If you then change an aspect of the page setup, it will apply to all selected sheets.

If you want to use code to change the page setup, be aware that this is relatively slow. You have to loop through the sheets and change the page setup of each sheet inside the loop.
Best wishes,
Hans

ABabeNChrist
SilverLounger

Re: Setting Page Layout / Margins

Post by ABabeNChrist »

Hi Hans
I see what you mean about using code.
The way my sheets appear at this present moment, it looks as if they could be wider and of course by setting my margins it also sets the % size of text, pictures and so on, which is OK. And sometimes when a single worksheet is completed, I would then look it over using print preview and if I see something out of place like a picture is bleeding over to the next sheet, I would then use Page Break to make adjustments, and since i may have 15 to 25 different sheet, with simular layouts, and if I'm not careful it can appear different in size than the rest.