print area - make continuation underneath too

FrecklePaw
2StarLounger

print area - make continuation underneath too

Post by FrecklePaw »

Hi there, when the print area is not adequate enough for you to print onto one page, even if you have set the margins to narrow and changed page orientation (i.e. used landscape instead of portrait), is there a way to have the things you want to print 'run on' underneath to fill the entire page when printing.
meeting polls.PNG
I use polls to check availability of my team each week for various meetings and I used an online service for this, but for printing the only option I have is to export an Excel version of the votes collected. This is fine, but I'm encountering the problem above when printing, in that it's not giving me all of the information on one sheet.

For example, the polls are Monday-Sunday and use AM, PM and evening availability options. As is, when it gets to Wednesday that's where the maximum possible print area runs out.

Is there any way to change the print area to make it 'run on' like in the demo (see below). Even although it's not set up like this on the spreadsheet, is there any way to include ALL the data on one print page?
run on.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: print area - make continuation underneath too

Post by HansV »

Excel has no built-in way to do that.

One option would be to make Excel shrink the printed output to fit on one page wide:

S1453.png

It's up to you to decide whether that is still readable.

Otherwise, you'd have to copy and paste to get the layout you want.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

FrecklePaw
2StarLounger

Re: print area - make continuation underneath too

Post by FrecklePaw »

Thanks Hans I'll give that a try and see how it turns out!