Keyboard Shortcuts

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Keyboard Shortcuts

Post by Dave Davison »

This is a long shot but, being on a mission to make the mouse as redundant as possible when I want to highlight a word with a background colour, I hold the shift and right arrow keys then need to point the mouse at the "highlight" tab where yellow has previously been selected. Is there some way to perform this last move by just using the keyboard? :scratch: Thanks Dave.

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Re: Keyboard Shorcuts

Post by Dave Davison »

...hi guys........no need to answer this question, it just dawned on me that I might have asked this question on - what was then Woody's lounge - & "Lo & behold" after searching I discover that Hans put me right on that occasion BUT I had -as usual - forgot so sorry. Memory loss is such a frustrating -& oft times- an embarrassment. Thanks anyway Dave.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

There is no built-in keyboard shortcut for the highlighter but you can easily create one:
Select Tools | Customize...
Click Keyboard...
Make sure that changes will be saved in Normal.dot, so that they will be available in all documents.
Scroll down the list of Categories, and select All Commands.
Scroll down the list of Commands, and select Highlight.
Click in the box labeled Press new shortcut key (or press Alt+N to activate this box).
Press the desired keyboard shortcut, for example Ctrl+Alt+H.
Click Assign (or press Alt+A), then click Close.
Best wishes,
Hans

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Well Hans, thanks for ignoring my comment about there being no need to answer, the means of accessing the highlight tab in the second toolbar using the keyboard by hitting the Ctrl + Tab keys certainly does work but the method you gave is much quicker & highlights in whatever colour is already selected. Thanks a lot Dave.