Tab stop in Word 2010 table?

Teunis
3StarLounger

Tab stop in Word 2010 table?

Post by Teunis »

Is it still possible to add tab stops in a table cell in Word 2010? Or should we use a table in a table to achieve this?

Regards, Teunis

HansV
Administrator

Re: Tab stop in Word 2010 table?

Post by HansV »

Nothing has changed in this respect. You can still add tab stops in table cells - either use the horizontal ruler, or on the Home tab of the ribbon, click the arrow in the lower right corner of the Paragraph group, then click the Tabs... button in the Paragraph dialog.
Remember: to jump to the next tab stop in a table cell, you must press Ctrl+Tab. Merely pressing the Tab key takes you to the next cell.
Best wishes,
Hans

Teunis
3StarLounger

Post by Teunis »

Hans,

Thanks, I tried the "normal way" dragging the relevant little icon on the far left of the horizontal ruler earlier on. I did not see any appearing in the cell, was probably too hasty. It actually works. Unfortunately Ctrl+Tab does not work in my case, it switches to another view (program, similar to Alt+Tab), probably because of an OfficeTab setting.

Regards, Teunis

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You'll have a problem then if you want to insert tab characters inside a cell. You might use Alt+09 with Num Lock turned on.
Best wishes,
Hans

Teunis
3StarLounger

Post by Teunis »

Hans,

There is indeed an in my opinion useless toggle in Office Tab for Word that lets you switch between views using Ctl+Tab. After I disabled (unticked) this setting, Ctl+Tab behaved normally in table cells. By the way, Alt+09 did not work, in all circumstances.

Regards, Teunis

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You must have Num Lock turned on and hold down Alt while pressing 0 and 9 on the numeric keypad.
Best wishes,
Hans

Teunis
3StarLounger

Post by Teunis »

Sorry Hans, as usual you were right, Alt+0+9 on the numeric keypad worked in all circumstances. When I tried it my NumLock turned out to be not on.

Regards, Teunis