Strange Space Symbol

Sundog
5StarLounger

Strange Space Symbol

Post by Sundog »

In Word 2010, a user provided a document with an unusual space symbol that I haven't previously encountered. It is rendered in the electronic document as a small superscripted ellipse. By experiment, it is a non-breaking space (not Ctrl+Shift+Space), which appears smaller than a standard space. I have attached a snip, where the symbol is between the numeral "1" and "km".

What font and character code can I use to achieve this space?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sundog

HansV
Administrator

Re: Strange Space Symbol

Post by HansV »

It *is* a non-breaking space in the standard font that can be inserted by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Space, but spacing has been condensed to 50% in the Advanced tab of the Font dialog:
x854.png
In addition, kerning has been turned on for characters of 12 points or more, but since the text uses 11 point Calibri, that isn't relevant here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Sundog
5StarLounger

Re: Strange Space Symbol

Post by Sundog »

Excellent! :fanfare:
HansV wrote:...spacing has been condensed to 50% in the Advanced tab of the Font dialog...
So that's why it took on an squashed circle aka elliptical shape! Thanks. (Pretty tricky, some of these authors... :hairout: )
Sundog