Macros on the Quick Access Toolbar

Robie
5StarLounger

Macros on the Quick Access Toolbar

Post by Robie »

Hi

I managed to add my macros on the QAT in Word 2010 but the icon shows up as a funny triangle. Is there any way of setting our own images for the macros? For example, in my Word 2003 template they look like:
12a.png
while in 2010 they look like:
12.png
Thanks.

Robie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Macros on the Quick Access Toolbar

Post by HansV »

You can change them, but you have a limited choice. Unlike in Office 2003 and before, you cannot create or import your own custom icons.

Click the dropdown arrow to the right of the QAT, and select More Commands...
Alternatively, select File > Options, then click Quick Access Toolbar in the navigation bar on the left.
Select a macro in the list of QAT buttons on the right, then click Modify...
The Modify... button will only be enabled for macros, it will be greyed out for built-in commands.
x847.png
You can edit the display name of the button and select an icon from the palette.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Robie
5StarLounger

Re: Macros on the Quick Access Toolbar

Post by Robie »

HansV wrote:You can change them, but you have a limited choice. Unlike in Office 2003 and before, you cannot create or import your own custom icons.

Click the dropdown arrow to the right of the QAT, and select More Commands...
Alternatively, select File > Options, then click Quick Access Toolbar in the navigation bar on the left.
Select a macro in the list of QAT buttons on the right, then click Modify...
The Modify... button will only be enabled for macros, it will be greyed out for built-in commands.
x847.png
You can edit the display name of the button and select an icon from the palette.
Holy cr@p :-(. What's the point of prviding such a feature which is a step back from 2003. Must find a way to do somehow.