Column 1 wraps around to column 2

jmt356
SilverLounger

Column 1 wraps around to column 2

Post by jmt356 »

Hello,

I have a set of contents that I would like in Column 1 and a set in Column 2. Because the contents are longer than what I can fit on one page, Word is taking the contents of Column 1 and putting them into Column 2 on page one before the contents of Column 2 appear. I want to keep the Column 1 and Column 2 contents each separate and in their respective columns. Is there a way to get the contents of Column 1 to spill over to the beginning of Column 1 on page two rather than into the beginning of Column 2 on page 1?
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Re: Column 1 wraps around to column 2

Post by HansV »

Do you mean that you have two separate Tables of Contents? If so, you could create a table with two cells next to each other and place each table of contents in a cell.
Otherwise, what you want is not possible, as far as I can tell.
Best wishes,
Hans

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

That's correct. However, that suggestion doesn't work because one TOC involves a left to right langauge, and the other a right to left language. For some reason, when I put the left to right langauge in the table and update it, it automatically formats it as right to left. However, when I put the two in two separate columns, Word is able to properly keep each content's paragraph attributes right.
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I'm afraid I can't help you then, I don't have support for right-to-left languages installed.
Best wishes,
Hans